As you may already know fall is my favorite season. I always get excited about the different ways to layer and mix clothing items in this transition season. I know sometimes it could be a bit overwhelming. So I have 5 tips I believe can help you get organized and provide ideas on how rock your fall wardrobe in your own way!
Here's a little inspiration from top to bottom...
1. THE HAT - First, be realistic. Consider you hair, comfort and practicality. If you are like me and have big curly hair most of the time you may want to consider a stretchy fleece or knitted/crotched hat. Also consider a neutral color (black, gray, navy, brown, khaki, or white). These colors will give you versatility and ability to pair with most of your outfits. Here are a few of my faves:
- Fitted Fleece with cute detail
- News boy
2. THE NECKLACE - How many times have I looked at my outfit and thought to myself, “Hmmm, It needs a little sumfin, sumfin.” Yeah, I bet you have too. A necklace for me is a way to bring in your personality and bring the WHOLE outfit together. Remember to make sure it compliments and doesn’t distract from your look.
3. THE SWEATER - Confession time…I wear sweaters in the summer. I am ALWAYS cold! Sweaters are probably my most favorite because they are so versatile. You can pair them with almost anything! Dress up or Dress down. Here you can choose a colorful piece and use neutrals underneath or wear a neutral sweater with colorful bold prints underneath. My faves:
4. THE PANT - Pants are probably my least favorite for two reasons…FIT and FIT. LOL. Yes, since as far as I can remember pants have never been my friend. For starters, I am a very tall girl, I have a 34 inch inseam and VERY slender. Insert groan here. If I get a perfect waist, they are either too tight on the legs or super short. The times I get a good length they are just big everywhere else. Here is where I have to put in the BIGGEST plug for the ONLY two places I shop for jeans. New York and Company and The Limited. I love their plus size and length variations. Remember balance is key. If you wear chunky big sweaters you want to go with a fitted or skinny jean on the bottom. Here are some suggestions:
- Skinny Jeans
- Boot Cut
5. THE BOOT - Last but definitely not least. Boots are another one of my favorites. I love boots! There are so many different kinds. I consider comfort first when it comes to shoes. I will say this one time…I DO NOT LIKE MY FEET TO HURT! LOL. So comfort always wins. But here are a few I like:
- Riding boots
Here are a few places online that I recommend for your fall wear. They are always reasonably priced and easy to navigate.
Remember you are unique and no one can you better than you can. Happy and Stylish Fall to all you fashionistas!
Like, share and comment if you have any suggestions on how you rock your fall fashion. I'd love to hear from you.